J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in estate planning including wills, trusts and succession planning.
64316804

Can I sue an executor of an estate after all funds have been

Customer Question

Can I sue an executor of an estate after all funds have been dispersed knowing this person has committed several breaches of Fiduciary responsibility.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  J. Warren replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to providing you information. Please note:
(1) this is general information and is not legal advice. I never propose a specific course of action. There is no attorney-client relationship or privilege that is formed when communicating to an expert on this site. The site repeats this disclaimer numerous times. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and
(2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
It is possible to sue an executor if a beneficiary has evidence and facts to support that an executor has engaged in self dealing, fraudulent transfer of assets and breach of fiduciary duty.
If a grievance is based on the fact one does not agree with the distribution or handling of the estate, then most likely not, as this was waived by accepting the distribution and should have been petitioned for during the probate.
The State Bar of Georgia Lawyer Referral Service can help assist you with contacting a lawyer in your local area to pursue your legal matter: www.gabar.org/barrules/ethicsandprofessionalism/referral-service.cfm
All my best & encouragement.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty. If, for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns.
Kindly remember the only way experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on ok, good or excellent service even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. You must complete the rating for the expert to receive any credit.
All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.