Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
17897874

Does XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX Lawyer exist in Togo

Customer Question

Does XXXXXXXX   XXXXXXXXXX   XXXXXX as a Lawyer exist in Togo in Africa

Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney. I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma.   I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.
First, realize that no legitimate probate law firm communicates to heirs via email or text message.  It is unverifiable in court.  That, in itself, would be an indicator of a scam.  If it were a legitimate inheritance you would have received a certified letter or courier package.  Scammers are dealing in mass solicitations and will not invest money in such communication until they get a nibble.
Anyone can claim to be whomever they want on an email or text message. Unless you have independent verification from family or friends of the death of a relative overseas who would leave you money, expect an eventual communication, somewhat official, requesting some sort of fee for insurance or taxes. It is known as an advance fee scam.
If they were genuinely holding money belonging to you should be able to tell them to just deduct the taxes, insurance, courier fee (all red flags, by the way) and send you a net check.
Do not respond. They are trying to steal from you.
I realize this is probably not the answer you were hoping to receive.  Also, please remember that this is not necessarily a moral judgement on my part.   As a professional, however, I am sometimes placed in the position of having to deliver news which is not favorable to a customer's legal position, but accurately reflects their position under the law. I hate it, but it happens and I only ask that you not penalize me with a bad or poor rating for having to deliver less than favorable news.
Best regards.