Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws

I recieved a forclosure notice in april of 2013 from bank of

I recieved a forclosure notice in april of 2013 from bank of america and a reienstatement price of $11,326.00 if paid by june 27 2013 I sent a cashiers check and it was recieved 6/26/2013.i was forced to aquire a loan on property in california to do so. while waiting for a payoff ammount from Boa they told me my loan was sold to nation star mortgage. after six weeks the reinstatement check was cashed by Boa.realtors who work for nationstar mortgage informed my wife that our home was sold at a forclosure sale on 5/24/2013 and here is $5,000 for you to move out. now just today bank of america let me know in a letter that my mortgage was sold to nation star mortgage 2/8/2010. So why was i making all theese payments to bank of america up to january 2013 ? I dont know what my payment are,what the payoff is havent heard a word from nation star!!
you can contact me [email protected] or XXXXXXXXXX im gordon
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you paid off your reinstatement balance by the due date, then the foreclosure would be illegal and grounds to go to court to vacate the foreclosure sale. Also, it would be consider an unfair and deceptive practice for the bank to make this demand and then sell off the loan when you had not yet reached the deadline to comply with this demand.

You need to consider getting a local consumer protection attorney involved because this means you are going to have to go to court and sue BoA and the other lender for unfair and deceptive practices and to make them honor the reinstatement agreement they entered with you and on which you had a legal right to rely upon.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.