Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Fully licensed attorney in Texas in private practice.

If I have been diviorced with no children and the marriage

If I have been diviorced with no children and the marriage was less than 10 years AND there was never a will or trust put together, do I need to have the information pertaining to my past marriage and divorce in my estate planning for individual?
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply.

Not really. The ex is automatically cut off from one's estate and cannot claim anything. It does not hurt to mention that the ex gets nothing (if this is what one wishes), but it would be this way automatically, anyhow, so doing so would be redundant.

Gentle Reminder: Use the reply button to keep chatting, or please rate and submit your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correctt. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Thank you for your gratuity.