Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

My husband doesnt want to put my name on the deed to his house.

My husband doesn't want to put my name on the deed to his house. I'm his second wife and I don't know if it's because of his past or why he won't put me on the deed. If I am not on the deed will I have any problems getting my name on the deed if he would pass away. He has an adopted son that he has basically disowned and has had nothing to do with him since he divorced the boy's mother. If he had a will that says I get the house would that be a guarantee that I would get the house and not have a problem getting the deed put in my name.
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
If I am not on the deed will I have any problems getting my name on the deed if he would pass away.
.
This would depend entirely on whether he left you the house in his will. If he doesn't have a will, then PA state intestacy laws would control what happens to his estate. Under PA law, if he passes without a will, then you as the spouse would receive the first $30,000 and half of anything over that. The adopted son would then receive the other half of anything over $30,000.
.
The applicable law is PA Statutes 2102 and 2103.
.
If he had a will that says I get the house would that be a guarantee that I would get the house and not have a problem getting the deed put in my name.
.
Yes, if he has a will, this would dictate what happens to his assets when he passes. If he chooses to omit his adopted son from receiving anything in his will, that is his choice as a parent has no legal obligation to leave a child anything.
.
.
Thanks
Barister