Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws

If a GA Will leaves 10,000 to my great grandchildren, then

If a GA Will leaves 10,000 to my great grandchildren, then living - will it apply to a child that was conceived at the time but has not been born?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

No, if the will states to great grand children "then living" it means those only actually alive and breathing at the time of your death. If you want a great grandchild who was conceived at the time of your death covered by your will, then you need to state in your will "then living or conceived at the time of my death."

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as or or to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.