Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I am Administrator for my Mothers Estate in Michigan. I was

I am Administrator for my Mothers Estate in Michigan. I was denied financial records from the banks she used. I had to pay my attorney to have all financial records subpoenaed by my attorney, can I hold the banks liable for damages because of the extensive length of time I had to wait, and the extra money I had to pay my attorney?
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. To the extent the banks acted negligently and without cause for the delay, you may ask the court to shift the legal fees to them and require them to pay it. You should have clear records that correlate the fees to their failure to cooperate despite your right to the records. If you make a clear case showing such unreasonable delay and resulting fees, an award becomes more possible. I wish you the best. Kindly click on a positive rating for the answer.