Nate, Attorney
Experience:  Over 10 years of legal estate experience.

are text messages recognised as proof of intent on a, self

are text messages recognised as proof of intent on a, self represented, small claims suit
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

Depending on how they are to be used, they can be admissible.

To make sure I provide you the best answer, you mentioned "intent", but what exactly are you wanting to prove regarding intent with the text messages?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is a non payment issue from an invoice for silver boullion. I recvd a text stating the remaining silver is on the way w/trking # XXXXX I recvd the box The silver ordered was not there. After numerous texts back and forth the outcome was he wouldn't pay the oustanding money owed on the invoice

You can use them if he denies anything in them. They would be used to attack his credibility under oath. If he denies ever having agreed to send the silver, you can then say "Did you not state by text on such-and-such a date that you sent the order by FedEx, tracking number XXXXXX?".

That's how you use them. The rules say he gets the chance to tell the trust in court first.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.