Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I need to take my ex wife off our mortgage but Im unable to

I need to take my ex wife off our mortgage but I'm unable to refinance because the appraisal came back 30,000 under and now rates are higher than my current 3.5%. Do I have other options?
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma.
Is your question how to get her off the mortgage or something else?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, how to get her off without refinancing.

As you likely know, you need lender consent to accomplish this. Lender will often consent if its security is not harmed. You may often accomplish this by offering a substitute signatory on the mortgage with equal or better credit. Is that a possibility?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a VA loan and my credit is good 800 to 814. I make 15% more salary compared to the last time I refinanced.

You should be able to have her removed without a problem given those numbers. You would need to ask and it may help having local counsel facilitate those discussions if refused. You may also want to have a substitute signatory lined up. Is that clear and would you like a directory for finding local counsel, should the need arise?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes that is clear. What is the formal request called to have her removed?

Very welcome. There is no uniform name for it but you may classify it as removal of a signatory on the mortgage. Should you require local counsel, is a good resource, highly rated and used by lawyers too. Wishing you the best. Kindly rate the answer positively, which I sought to expedite.