J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in estate planning including wills, trusts and succession planning.

TO: Me A petition having been duly filed by ____ YOU ARE HEREBY

TO: Me
A petition having been duly filed by ____ YOU ARE HEREBY CITED TO SHOW CAUSE before the Surrogate Court why a decree should not be made in the estate of ____ admitting to probate a Will relating to real and personal property and directing that the filing of a bond be despised with the Surrogate Court. What do filling of a bond mean?
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping and providing you information today.

My condolences on the loss of a loved one. Filing of a bond means the filing of an insurance policy so that creditors and/or beneficiaries are secured/assured payment that may be due from the estate. It says if I don't pay a bond (insurance policy) filed will pay the person.

Basically the petition is require that the person show cause why a bond (insurance policy securing payment) should not be required while the claim is being adjudicated. The filing of the bond can be despised meaning not agreed with based on a showing an estate is insolvent or that the estate can make good on a claim against it without posting a bond.

All my best & encouragement.

Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not whether the answer supports your legal position. If for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns.

All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.