Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.

If a piece of property is already zoned Agriculture 1, isnt

If a piece of property is already zoned Agriculture 1, isn't that a designated land use?
Hi and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. I am happy to help.

Basically yes with some exception upon approval by a city or town counsel. Zoning and Land Use are in a way distinguishable. In other words, something can be Zoned as "Agricultural 1" allowing for certain agricultural land use or possibly another type of land use within A-1.

A simple example would be, a resolution to that affect that allows for the operation of a Bed and Breakfast in a farmhouse and a wedding reception hall in the barn. The proposed Bed and Breakfast Inn would be a land use within A-1.

But basically it zoning something for a planned use is the overall purpose.

If you need clarification, or want to clarify your question or have a follow up question, please let me know.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. We are fighting with the County of Bernalillo to get on a water line that is in the right of way in front of our house. At a meeting last night the county commissioners said they needed to designate a land use. That is why we are asking about land use. The water line that is in the right of way is a privately owned water line and the people that own it have given us permission to tap it. But the county says no until we are zoned and a planned use.

Hi Connie:

Your welcome. And thank you for the additional information. I want to direct you to the County of Bernalillo website regarding zoning and land use. Even if the zoning and planned use is not exactly what allows for the water line (and we do not know for sure right now), you could attempt to get a variance. You can "dance around" the website to become more knowledgeable to strengthen any arguments you may have to make to support your position. Here is the link:

I hope this helps. If you have another follow up question, please let me know.

Thank you,

Hi Connie,

I just to see how everything is going. If you have a chance, let me know. I am here to help you in the future also. You can request me by name the next time and I will be notified. Also, you can bookmark my profile and ask me a question that way. Here is the link:

Either way, I am always happy to help.

Best Regards!

Damien Bosco