Nate, Attorney
Experience:  Over 10 years of legal estate experience.

A step-father and step-son are on the deed to a home. The step-son

A step-father and step-son are on the deed to a home. The step-son died about 2 years before the step-father. Neither had a will. the step-dad had a wife and 2 or 3 children. The step-son only had siblings. Who is supposed to inherit the property? This is in Oklahoma
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

Assuming the property was held jointly as described, once the step-son died, the step-father became the sole owner of the property and the step-son's interest disappeared. If there is no will, the property will be transferred upon the step-father's death under the Oklahoma rules of intestate succession.

Under those rules, the spouse inherits 1/2 of all property acquired by joint effort during the marriage, and then splits the remaining intestate property equally with his descendants. Any property possessed prior to marriage goes directly to his descendants.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.