N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  Since 1983
9653905

What steps should I follow in setting a will where the government

What steps should I follow in setting a will where the government gets the least amount of money?
Pennsylvania has no Estate tax, but has a rather complex inheritance tax, see
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/pennsylvania-inheritance-tax.html

There is no "one size fits all" answer to your question. The answer will depend on the size and contents of the estate and the identities of the heirs and their relationships to the person who left a Will.

Sometimes a living trust is better than a will and often non-probate transfers are appropriate, such as placing property into joint tenancy with right of survivorship and placing transfer on death instructions onto bank and other financial accounts.

You can get a free consultation from some of the estate planning attorneys listed by location here.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney who can go over your finances and family relationships with you in confidence. This forum is not private and that kind of information is sensitive and usually kept confidential.

I hope this information is helpful.
Thank you for the positive rating!