Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  Part of the 'Save the Dream

hello.. my step mother recently passed away I believe there

hello.. my step mother recently passed away
I believe there was an annuity made out to me but I cannot find it
my question is how would I go about locating information that would help
Thank you for choosing Just answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to assist you.

You might start by checking tax returns to determine if she was reporting interest on the annuity. You can also go through her documents for 1099's that the insurance company would have sent.

Looking at bank statements can also provide clues if she was making payment to insurance companies

Many annuities will send account statement typically at least once a ear,and some monthly. Some of these statements may be in her papers. If not as the tax season approached (in January) she may receive a statement then. If monthly statements are received then you would get one within 30 days.

You can also ask a financial adviser/stock broker she may have had, former employers that may have set up the account, and her bank.

Please accept my answer with a rating of 3 or better so I may get credit for my response. If you have follow up questions please ask. Please note that paying the deposit does not cause funds to be disbursed until you rate my response (3 or greater).