Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
18215332

Is there some way to find out what kind of accounts and money

Is there some way to find out what kind of accounts and money was in Deceased dads accounts if we don't trust our brother who is the executor? Can a lawyer do that or a private detective?

I am afraid that all you are entitled to from the executor, as heirs are typed up accounts of the kind you have received. He is not required to give you the actual banking documents. You can start a lawsuit against the estate and subpoena those account records from, the banks. Also, you can hire lawyers and investigators to search for missing funds if you wish. You have to have actual evidence that assets are missing before questioning accounts in probate. Mere suspicion is not enough.

I hope that this nformation is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive
rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Also, be sure to verify
this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and
procedures. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.