Estate Law Questions? Ask an Estate Lawyer.
Thanks for helping me.
1. When the house go to probate court, will creditors have a chance to take it from my children (our children are in the will to inherit the house after we are deceased)?
3. Will my certificate of deposit have to go before the probate court before my wife can own it if she outlives me? (We have joint ownership with right of survivorship on the CD.)
3. But, can I "state" in a will what I want her to do although she has the right to do what she wants?
Thanks for your answers! But before you go, can you tell me:
1. If I enroll in the "Plus Pan" for $61.00 per month for unlimited answers, will it include the price for the chat we just had?
2. Can I cancel at anytime?
3. How do I cancel?
4. What is the "Premium Plan"?
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).