Nate, Attorney
Experience:  Over 10 years of legal estate experience.
11217539

We contacted the court clerk in the county that the probate

We contacted the court clerk in the county that the probate was in. The court clerk told us there is no accounting,distribution schedule or inventory of assets since the executor filed a small estate affidavit. Since the estate was supposedly under 40 thousand dollars. Does the executor have the right to leave me out of everything, even thought I am should get a 1/3 of everything that was stated in the will?
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

You can still take the executor to court if the will has not been followed. That does not change because a small estate affidavit was filed. Part of the litigation process permits you to obtain information regarding the assets of the estate. You should get a local probate lawyer to file the necessary motion to make that happen.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

By local lawyer do you mean the county she filed in or the county that I reside in? Or can we just make a long story short and protest her executorial decisions?

You need a lawyer to do this. One who practices in the county where the affidavit was filed is what you want.