GeorgetownLawyr
GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in Probate matters, including will contests and civil litgation related to estates.
46665915

I told my lawyer that was representing me for Probate that

I told my lawyer that was representing me for Probate that I no longer needed his services and he has filed a Motion to Withdraw Hearing. I fired him because he does not know what he is doing. Have I done something wrong? I have to go to the hearing, costing me another day of pay, which he has already cost me. We had to reset the hearing date because the forgot to file the notices. Why do I have to go to the hearing? He had his office call and ask if I had hired a new lawyer and I said, "No". In the notice, he says I was notified of my right to object and that the Inventory is due December 10, 2013. The only notification I received with this information is in the Motion to Withdraw.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  GeorgetownLawyr replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for using our service. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help you. I just ask for two things: 1) Before you sign off, please remember to rate me positively as that is the only way that I am paid and your question does not close after you rate me so I can still answer additional questions without additional charge if you have follow-ups even weeks or months later; and, 2) IF I have bad news for you, please remember I am only the messenger. When you rate me, it is my service to you that you rate, not whether the news is good or bad. I will try my best to give you a solution, but sometimes the law does not have a good one.

Are you the executor of the estate?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

yes

Ok, thanks. To answer your question: Yes you need to be at the hearing. In addition, you need to hire a replacement attorney who should also appear at the hearing to inform the court they are going to be representing you moving forward. All of the business of the estate still has to be done timely including the Inventory that is Due in December. If you don't have a new attorney by the hearing date the court will give you time to get one but everything will stay on schedule if you could have a new attorney by the hearing date. I hope this helps clarify.

Please let me know if you have additional questions and please do not forget to rate my service to you (not the state of the law or whether you dislike the answer) as that is the only way that I can get credit for my assistance to you. Even after you rate the service, I can still answer additional questions for you without additional charge. If you do rate me positively, a bonus is always appreciated. If you would like to request me in the future, just make sure you type: FOR GEORGETOWN LAWYER on the subject line. Thank you!

GeorgetownLawyr, Attorney
Experience: Experience in Probate matters, including will contests and civil litgation related to estates.
Hi Again,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Lisa