How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nate Your Own Question
Nate, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10685
Experience:  Over 10 years of legal estate experience.
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
Nate is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am the personal representative over my dads Estate in Columbia

This answer was rated:

I am the personal representative over my dads
Estate in Columbia SC. My father purchased
Hearing aids on April 26, 2013 and he died
July 1,2013. Creditor has filed. A claim with
The probate court. Should I pay the claim and then
Donate them? Or see if they will take them back
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

You can do either, depending on their return policy. If they will take them back that would certainly save the estate money for something that otherwise would have little after market value. There is no hurt in asking.

However, if they are outside the company's return policy, the estate will be responsible for that bill before any assets are distributed. Otherwise you as the personal representative would end up being liable for the debt.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.


Nate and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
This is Nate. I was just checking in to see if you had any luck with the hearing aid creditor and your father's estate. If you need additional help, just let me know.


Related Estate Law Questions