LegalGems, Attorney
Experience:  Private Practice; Elder Law Attorney; Estate Planning; Attorney Mentor

My Dad has recently dies and he named me as personal rep. in

My Dad has recently dies and he named me as personal rep. in the will. The only thing of value that he had was a car that was in his name only and valued at ~5000.00. His will states that things are to be split between my sister and I, brother also but he has since passed since the will was signed several years ago.
Will I have to go to through probate because of the car??
How can I resolve these matters the easiest way?
Thank you..

LegalGems :

Hi; My goal is to provide you with great service - if you have any questions during our chat, please ask! I'll do my best to ensure your satisfaction! I am sorry to hear of your loss. Since the estate is worth $5000 there is generally a simplified process. I will look into this and get back to you shortly.

LegalGems :

Were you not able to see my prior post with the necessary form attached?

LegalGems :

Let me copy and paste it here.

LegalGems :

Thanks for your patience. Here is the form you will need: You will need to fill it out and get a statement from the court that there is no probate proceeding.