Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney
Experience:  Part of the 'Save the Dream
14472836

since my father is dead, why would his share of the estate

since my father is dead, why would his share of the estate be cut out?

Thank you for choosing The executor is required to fulfill the terms of the Will as stated in the Will. If your father was not listed as an heir, then he and his descendants would not necessarily be entitled to anything from the estate if other heirs exist in the Will to the extent the entire estate is allocated between the listed heirs. If no Will existed, or if the Will identified your father as an heir, or property in the Will is not fully bequeathed to the heirs, then your fathers descendants would be entitled to the father's share.

Please press ACCEPT with a rating of 3 or better so I may get credit for my answer. If you have follow up questions or need more clarification please ask.