Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My girlfriend asked me to buy her house which was up for auction

My girlfriend asked me to buy her house which was up for auction and told me it would then be titled in my name. I had a nervous breakdown during this time and gave her attorney my money. They bought it and only kept the house in her name taking all my money. I was mentally incapacitated. What can I do as they both swindled me and I am now left with nothing. I had to take a personal loan of $50,000. to pay her house along with giving her the monies from my house which I had previously sold.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Daniel :

Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma.

Customer:

Yes it is very very sad situation.

Daniel :

This is a case of fraud and breach of contract

Daniel :

clearly, both names should have been on title

Daniel :

here it is inequitable for her to retain title

Daniel :

if she wont convey title, she may be taken to court

Daniel :

and the judge can order title transferred

Daniel :

on basis of equity, misrepesentations, and history of payments

Daniel :

It is best handled by local counsel

Daniel :

to expedite and try to reach a compromise

Customer:

Yes the only problem is that he only has a couple of emails stating that he was going to be the buyer and nothing else in writing.

Daniel :

That is fine

Daniel :

the e-mails, history of payments and oral testimony are all relevant

Customer:

OH my that is a revelation.

Daniel :

It is not a slam dunk

Daniel :

But it is a solid case

Daniel :

I wish you the best.

Customer:

I was not aware of that. and really appreciate your very helpful advise. Should he seek an attorney where he lives?

Daniel :

Very welcome

Daniel :

correct, locally

Daniel :

martindale.com is a good resource

Daniel :

Kindly click on an excellent rating for the answer.

Customer:

Thank you very very much!!

Daniel :

my pleasure

Daniel :

take care

Daniel :

I turned the rating feature on

Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience: Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.