Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws
10285032

Is a probate courts determination effective on the filing date

Is a probate courts determination effective on the filing date or after the 14 day appeal period
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

The court's order is "effective" immediately, but the party who won the judgment cannot actually file anything in court to enforce the judgment until the appeal period has expired. Thus, the parties can comply with the order immediately upon it being entered by the court, but if any party refuses to comply you cannot make them do so until the appeals period is expired.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.