Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
19958803

MY MOTHER JUST PASSED AWAY, SHE WAS BEDRIDDEN AND I TOOK CARE

MY MOTHER JUST PASSED AWAY, SHE WAS BEDRIDDEN AND I TOOK CARE OF HER AT MY HOUSE FOR OVER TWO YEARS. CAN YOU SUBMIT A CLAIM AT PROBATE FOR ADDITIONAL
COMPENSATION FOR TAKING CARE OF HER?
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Did you have any type of agreement with mother to pay you for your care of her?
.
If so, do you have anything to prove the agreement?
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No there was not any agreement signed with my mother. But she could

not stay alone and there was not enough money for her to pay $6,500 in a nursing home.

Ok, thank you for that infomation. Unfortunately unless you have some type of provable agreement with mother to provide care for her, then you wouldn't be able to retroactively bill her for any personal care by charging the estate.
.
I understand that it doesn't seem equitable, but the probate court judge wouldn't allow it if you tried to submit a bill for services rendered without some type of proof of an agreement.
.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers, even when an answer is not favorable to the customer.

.
.
Thanks