LegalGems, Attorney
Experience:  Private Practice; Elder Law Attorney; Estate Planning; Attorney Mentor

TO LEGAL GEMS. My Medi-Cal Redetermination form was handed

TO LEGAL GEMS. My Medi-Cal Redetermination form was handed in on May 9. I have gotten no response. When I check my case status on the website it shows my original 2006 approval date and that my Redetermination Packet was received on May 9. Since it's now almost 5 months I'm assuming my redetermination was approved. My prescriptions continue to be covered with a tiny co-pay by Healthnet which I have through medi-medi. As I recall, I've never received notification in the past that my redetermination has been approved. So can I safely assume that there is no problem and my Medi-Cal will continue until my next redetermination period in May, 2014?

LegalGems :

Hi; Thanks for waiting for me - much appreciated! So, pursuant to AC WDL 05-22, 90% of all redetermination forms (that are timely and properly completed) must be processed within 60 days of the redetermination date. This is the target goal. The only mandatory situations which warrant a legal response include: termination of benefits; request for more information; and change in benefits. So an approval does not legally require notification. Given the time lapse of slightly over 4 months, I would make an educated guess that your benefits have been approved.