Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

This case is in the state of Mississippi. My fathers estate

Customer Question

This case is in the state of Mississippi. My fathers estate was closed out in 2000. My half brother the executor of the estate was suppose to sale the property and the land and distribute assets amongst the other heirs. In 2008 I took him to court and we received a cash distribution and there was a name change in the way the case was listed. It changed from the estate of my fathers name to the name of my half brother and others. Since 2008 we have not received any monetary distributions and no further action has transpired. What action should I take?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 10 months ago.

INFOLAWYER :

Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma.

INFOLAWYER :

why have distributions stopped?

INFOLAWYER :

is there a court order requiring them to continue now?

JACUSTOMER-ee46128y- :

No. I became ill. I am diabetic and no one else in the family is seeing to this matter. He will only distribute money if there is a court order.

JACUSTOMER-ee46128y- :

My question is there a statue of limitation on this case and now that it has been taken out of my fathers name what does that mean in terms of proceeding with resolving this matter.

INFOLAWYER :

From what you mentioned the case has not been closed

INFOLAWYER :

where not closed and activity in 08, you may pursue it

INFOLAWYER :

the claim is not time barred and is a continuing and open obligation

INFOLAWYER :

you need to get a court order compelling payment

INFOLAWYER :

and account for the delay to date

INFOLAWYER :

Is that clear?

INFOLAWYER :

awaiting reply

JACUSTOMER-ee46128y- :

InfoLawyer, I'm sorry I did not get your name. After reading your terms of service agreement, I would like to withdraw my questions and be billed the $5.00 for the use of the website. I wish these terms were presented prior to payment agreement. Sorry for the change in interest. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX

INFOLAWYER :

ok

INFOLAWYER :

I will pass that on to customer service for you, which will do just that.

Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience: Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.