Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

My aunt was coerced in to signing a document resigning her

My aunt was coerced in to signing a document resigning her own trust as the trustor designating a successor trustee was not even on the first two successors trustee listed on the trust, now that trustee has taken the autorithy to sell all her assets for himself, how can this be reverse or remove him as a trustee and is the trust still revocable while my aunt still alive
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 10 months ago.

INFOLAWYER :

Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma.

INFOLAWYER :

The trustee owes a duty of care to the trust and beneficiaries under the trust

INFOLAWYER :

as such, no document can be used to change that and any attempt to sell assets for personal use would be void

INFOLAWYER :

A trust can only be changed where the creator of the trust decides to do it and the trust is designated as revocable and the change is not done under fraud, duress or without capacity

INFOLAWYER :

From what you mentioned the trust may be changed here.

INFOLAWYER :

and a lawyer involvement and a court order can enjoin one from seeking to harm the trust, its beneficiaries and the assets

INFOLAWYER :

Please let me know if you are satisfied with the answer or if I can clarify anything for you

Customer:

can my aunt as the creator of the trust still remove the trustee that designated himself by the resignation document that she was coerced to signed and can someone legally obtain a copy of the trust that has been changed if it was not recorded

INFOLAWYER :

No

INFOLAWYER :

she may not be removed

INFOLAWYER :

there is fraud, duress and bad faith involved in the attempt to remove

INFOLAWYER :

The trust is not publicly filed

INFOLAWYER :

but it can be obtained by demand from the trustee

INFOLAWYER :

and a court can order its disclosure especially where there are allegations of misconduct

INFOLAWYER :

Please let me know if you are satisfied with the answer.

INFOLAWYER :

I wish you the best and a restful sunday

Customer:

thank you very much for your answer, you too have a nice sunday

INFOLAWYER :

very welcome

INFOLAWYER :

You too

INFOLAWYER :

Kindly click on an excellent rating

INFOLAWYER :

wishing you all the best.

Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience: Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.