J. Warren
J. Warren, Attorney
Experience:  Experience in estate planning including wills, trusts and succession planning.

If I am a Grantor of an Irrevocable Trust in the state of Texas,

If I am a Grantor of an Irrevocable Trust in the state of Texas, am I traceable in any way?

Hello and Welcome! Thank you for allowing me to be of service to you. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) I will provide you with honest information and not necessarily to tell you what you might be hoping to hear.

The name of the Grantor of an irrevocable trust is discoverable the same as the grantor of a revocable trust. This could be discoverable through motions of the court during discovery, the beneficiaries of the trust or any public record in which the trust is the owner of recorded property.

With an irrevocable trust the Grantor gives up his or her control of the assets used to fund the trust. The Grantor is no longer in control nor the owner. This does provide protection from the Grantor's creditors as the assets and funds of the trust may not accessed by the creditor.

All my best & encouragement.

Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not whether the answer supports your legal position. If for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns by clicking the "reply" or “continue conversation” tab.

All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.