Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

My husband and I were married for 10 yrs, he passed away last

My husband and I were married for 10 yrs, he passed away last month. We were not married when he purchased the house but have lived together in the house since purchased. We were married 9 yrs later. He told me he changed the beneficiary to be me but that never happened. I continued to pay the mortgage as well as the life insurance and bills because he was ill towards the end believing I was the beneficiary. Can the beneficiary be challenged?
Hello and thank you for the question. I am sorry to read of this dilemma. The beneficiary can be challenged.
Basis for doing so would be his intent. Also equitably where you contributed towards payments you have basis for a claim and interest in property. Local counsel may help with it for you. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.