Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in Trust and Succession Law, including Louisiana Laws

Paul, Given what I wrote earlier do you think I can have

Given what I wrote earlier do you think I can have a claim?
Thank you for your response and new question.

Even if the sister would testify that he was going to change his will and include you, unfortunately, CA law really is not favorable because you were not married and you were not registered domestic partners and there is no written will because he never changed it. Thus, you would need to rely on the courtesy of the sister here and you need to play on her sympathy now while she is saying he wanted to make provisions for you, but he never got around to doing so.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.