Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.

My brother is executor of my fathers will, but I question

My brother is executor of my father's' will, but I question the amounts he has said
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. You have the right to receive your brother's word on this. The estate and its assets are not your brother's personal piggy bank. Your brother, as executor, has a fiduciary duty to each beneficiary and each beneficiary is entitled to a copy of the full inventory of assets and periodic accounting of every dime in and out of the estate, including copies of the documentation substantiating the foregoing. If the executor fails to produce the inventory, periodic accounting, or fails to timely administer the estate, you can file to have the executor removed for breach of fiduciary duty. Then, if there is any misappropriation of estate assets or funds, you can also ask the court to award actual and punitive damages against the executor.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: