Nate, Attorney
Experience:  Over 10 years of legal estate experience.
11217539

Today, I signed & had notarized a trust in Virginia, governed

Today, I signed & had notarized a trust in Virginia, governed by the laws of Virginia. The trust specifies me as settlor, and 1 other party as co-trustee. The co-trustee has not yet signed or notarized. My question is; is the trust executed and binding now? Or is it not binding until the co-trustee signs the document.
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

The settlor of the trust is the key to its legal existence. The trust is active and binding now regarding its existence and your position as trustee and settlor. The lack of signature of the other co-trustee has no legal affect on the trust.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Thanks!