RayAnswers, Attorney
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law

My name isXXXXX and my mom passed away and left

My name isXXXXX and my mom passed away and left me some money. My stepfather put it in company to pay me 306.27 a month for 20 years or life as they call it. I want to know if I can have a company like JG Wentworth to buy it or is it just the way it's gonna be for the next 20 years. Here is what the paper says that I signed willingly.
IN CONSIDERATION of my full distributive share received by irrevocable annuity payable to me. I THEODORE GARDNER for myself, my successors, heirs and assigns do hereby release now and forever any and all claims I have, that I may have or that might arise of any nature whatsoever from or against the estates of Nellie and/or George Fiegel and the Fiegel Family Trust. I do further acknowledge that receipt of my distributive share now shall be my full and final total distribution of my share from said estates and Trust. I do hereby fully, now and forever release and discharge all the trustee, successor trustee, personal representatives, their financial advisors and attorneys, and all other persons interested in either estate from their duties to me and indemnify and hold said trustees, personal representatives, advisors and attorneys and any other interested party harmless from any and all claims arising from settlement of my share of these estates whatsoever.
I further acknowledge that I sign this document of my own individual free will and after the opportunity to consult with my own attorney and knowing all consequences thereof.
Dated: July 19, 2012. I just want to know the true meaning of the letter and not all the legal stuff on it. I understand some of it but not all of it.

Thanks for your question here and good afternoon.Nothing here prohibits you from selling this to a company that purchases such annuities.This from here is just a release where you are agreeing to accept it and release the against the estate and other named people.It would prohibit say a suit against them.But that does not mean that the annuity is not salable.

Unless the annuity itself has some kind of restriction this document does not prohibit a resale.So you may want to review the annuity.Unless it does you may want to contact companies that purchase such annuities.You would be getting a lesser lump sum for cashing it out now.

There are many companies that buy annuities here are a couple..

1. Sell Your Annuity1(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>‎
    Learn How to Receive a Lump Sum of Cash for Small Annuity Payments.‎
  2. Sell Annuities -‎‎
    The Most Cash For Your Annuity Payout Guaranteed. Free Quote.‎
  3. Annuities from Fidelity‎1(NNN) NNN-NNNN/span>

I appreciate the chance to assist you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again for letting me help you.

Theodore I appreciate the chance to help you .Please let me know fi you have more follow up.

Thanks again.

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.

Thanks for your recent question and rating.If you can leave a positive customer survey it is appreciated too.If you have another question please post it for Ray.