originallawyer
originallawyer, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years of experience in writing wills and probating estates in a variety of ways.
74576488

What is the course of action after probate has been closed

What is the course of action after probate has been closed and there are unsettled real estate issues.
If probate has been closed, and the executor/administrator no longer retains the ability to sell/manage property of the estate, the estate would need to be reopened and the administrator/executor re-appointed to handle those issues. It would be a petition to re-open the estate, ideally appointing the same administrator. Otherwise, no one has the ability to do anything in the estate.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for your response, I need to find a probate lawyer in the santa clara county area. any recommendations? strong in real estate

Sadly, we can't make actual personal recommendations here, but I can direct you to a website like avvo.com, which is a website where clients can review their attorneys, or Martindale-Hubble, which is a more standard legal directory. Santa Clara County also has a referral service (http://www.sccba.com/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=188) that might be able to point you in the right direction.