Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Does a Public Administrator in the State of Missouri have the

Does a Public Administrator in the State of Missouri have the right to disregard CD"s left after her protectee dies and there is money left after bills are paid without names on it? She used the CD"s with names on them, and there is money left that she plans to disburse to all family members. Not a huge amount of money. If not ,who do you contact in the Staate of Missouri to file a complaint against the Public Adm.
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Does a Public Administrator in the State of Missouri have the right to disregard CD"s left after her protectee dies and there is money left after bills are paid without names on it?

Response 1: No, she does not have right to do that.

She used the CD"s with names on them, and there is money left that she plans to disburse to all family members. Not a huge amount of money. If not ,who do you contact in the Staate of Missouri to file a complaint against the Public Adm.

Response 2: The Court that oversees the action of the Public Administrator. This is the Court where petitions and applications have been filed by the Administrator on behalf of the ward (protectee).

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience: B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Your response did not tell me how I should proceed, do not want to hire a lawyer in Mo. Is there not some agency or legal office in Mo. which would help me with this. I have pulled up all of the laws on this and I agree she did not have the authority, but I don"t know how to proceed.

Response: You have to file complaint with the Court where this Public Administrator has filed petitions and applications on behalf of the ward. I cannot tell how to file complain with the Court because it would amount to giving you legal advice, which is prohibited by the site's terms of service. Nonetheless, you can learn how to represent yourself by accessing Missouri Courts online.

As for other agency to file complaint with, I am not aware of the any agency since this is an elected office.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

She and the Judge are tight - guess there is nothing to be done about that. Have tried that route in the past, she has been incompetiant in neglect of my aunt, etc. Looks like there is some agency that could help. Thank you. I

will try representing my self.

If the Judge is biased, you can file complaint against the Judge.

Complaint against Judges

Judicial Ethics