Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.

Hello, I have a question about estate law in Florida. My

I have a question about estate law in Florida. My grandfather is not married and does not have a will. He had three children. Mike, Sue, and Nancy. Sue and mike are the legal guardians and are making the financial decisions. Nancy passed away (my mother) in 1997. When his estate goes to probate, who is entitled to it?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Under the intestacy statutes applied to your facts, the estate is divided into as many shares as there are children of the decedent and each share is distributed to the child or, if the child predeceased the decedent (your grandfather) to the child's descendants.

I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.

Thank you.

Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, Aaron, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.