Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
17897874

Can a debt collector claim funds from an I-Bond coowned by

Can a debt collector claim funds from an I-Bond coowned by the deceased and myself and then passed on to me as sole owner upon the formers death?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

No, if you had right of survivorship it would not be part of the probate estate and, therefore, not subject to creditor claims of the estate.

I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw
Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you and your generous bonus. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):  http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-JudgeLaw/

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.