Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Estate Law Expert
11068102

can your name be taken off title with your knowledge?

Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

Can you provide a few facts to be put this into context?

Customer:

sure

Customer:

what type of facts are you looking for?

JD 1992 :

What type of title to start with?

Customer:

property/house title

JD 1992 :

Do you believe this has been done? If so, why do you think that?

Customer:

Yes because my name was on the title in the beginning along with of children name and then i now learn that my name was taken off without any money or knowledge about it.

Customer:

one of my children name i meant

JD 1992 :

Do you mean on the deed?

Customer:

yes

JD 1992 :

No one, other than a court, can remove your property interest without your knowledge or consent.

JD 1992 :

So even if they changed the deed, it isn't an effective change unless you signed off on it.

JD 1992 :

How did you learn about this?

Customer:

Well i was deceived into signing the paper thinking it was a refinancing paper.

Customer:

I learn after the death of my child

JD 1992 :

If you signed it then it is going to require a lawsuit to change it, and a difficult lawsuit.

Customer:

difficult as in time consuming or money or both?

JD 1992 :

Both.

JD 1992 :

You have to be able to convince a judge that even though you signed it, you didn't know what you were signing or what it did. That's always hard.

Customer:

OK thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions! it was greatly appreciated!

JD 1992 :

You're very welcome

JD 1992 :

Be sure and come back and let me know how it goes.

JD 1992 :

Did you have any additional questions before I exit to assist others?

JD 1992 :

I'm going to exit now if you don't have any more questions.

JD 1992 :

Best wishes to you on this and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I’d suggest Excellent!) so I get credit for my work.

Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience: Estate Law Expert
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.