rvlaw
rvlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30+ years in private practice handling estate matters; Law professor; Mediator.

I am one of three sibling beneficiaries to a last-to-die insurance

I am one of three sibling beneficiaries to a last-to-die insurance policy. Our father has passed, our mother is living. The policy is to be funded by the siblings though not expressly stated. One siblings has now refused to contribute to the funding of the monthly premiums of $6000. Does Florida case law support a court ordered change of beneficiaries to the two paying siblings?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer

I am assuming that the 3 beneficiaries agreed to the revised division because you did not indicate that any of the 3 fought the new division. In any event, since the court had to approve any changes in the discribution, ir follows that it has the power to, and will,

order all the beneficiaries to share in the funding reflectng the new division of proceeds.

REMEMBER THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE

To find an attorney, go to Martindale.com. This
is a nationwide directory we lawyers use ourselves to find highly qualified
legal specialists in various fields of law. These lawyers are NOT in Martindale
because they paid to be included. They are there because they are rated as
QUALIFIED by other lawyers in their field of expertise and geographic area as
it applies to your kind of case. The process is this: other lawyers are asked
to fill out questionnaires giving their opinion of the quality of the work of
the law firm that ultimately appears in Martindale.

The site is organized geographically and by legal specialty. Select the one you are most comfortable with. The Martindale listing will have the names of current or past clients.
Contact those clients as references for the firm
.

You have to consult with
an attorney in your state and discuss this matter with him or her. THE REASON is that we do not have an
attorney-client relationship and the confidentiality that goes with it on this
site. Our exchange is available for all
to see. Note that this rule is applicable even though I am a New York attorney
and your question may relate to NY law.

Please
ACCEPT MY ANSWER so that I may get
credit for assisting you. Then press 3,
4 or 5 to rate it.

rich

Please
do NOT press 1 or 2 since that will:

1.
Prevent me from being paid by your for my answer; and

2.
Result in a negative rating for me which you may not have
intended.

If
you want further information or clarification, just ask before you accept my
answer and give a rating.

rich

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

THIS IS FOR RVLAW...

Thank you so much for your quick response. Yes, you are correct. With the amendment, all three beneficiaries did agree. Because this round will be more adversarial in nature, is there case law that supports this? Just wanting to prepare as much as I can.

Expert:  rvlaw replied 11 months ago.

I didn't find a particular case but I will check again

rich

rvlaw, Attorney
Experience: 30+ years in private practice handling estate matters; Law professor; Mediator.