Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Estate Law Expert
11068102

In my grandfathers will it states "all interest in Anderson

In my grandfathers will it states "all interest in Anderson Motors" which includes a used car business and a farm equipment business which are both closed now.But taxes are filed as "Anderson Motors" has been the same for years. One bank account for both also. The estate attorney has separated these two and one is now in residual. When told of the two being one he said if we tried to contest this we would lose everything gifted in will. Is this true? Probate should be done Oct. this year. What can be done if anything?
Category: Estate Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

Does the will have a "no contest" clause in it?

Customer:

not that I know

Customer:

is that how it would read

Customer:

"no contest"

JD 1992 :

Usually it would have something like that. Even if it does have that clause and you contest something and win then it doesn't kick in.

Customer:

hello

JD 1992 :

In addition, if you are contesting something the lawyer did and not something actually in the will then it probably wouldn't apply either.

JD 1992 :

Can you see what I.m typing?

Customer:

ok I see now

JD 1992 :

Sometimes the chat messes up.

Customer:

I do see you now thank you

Customer:

we're not sure what to do

JD 1992 :

You need to go to a different lawyer and a different law firm and let them look at the will and the file and see what was done.

Customer:

I was under the assumption the attorney worked for us but seems not in this case

Customer:

thank you that's what I thought also

JD 1992 :

There are a lot of ways to get around a no contest clause.

Customer:

do you know of any good attorneys in the Yakima county area

Customer:

I'm pretty sure there is no such clause

JD 1992 :

No, and we're not allowed to give referrals anyway. You can find one at www.lawyers.com.

Customer:

ok I'm sorry

JD 1992 :

Look under the Probate area of law and then you can also search in your area.

Customer:

you've answered my question thank you

JD 1992 :

You're very welcome!

JD 1992 :

I'll exit now to assist others.

Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience: Estate Law Expert
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.