Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Estate Law Expert

My son was properly named as a beneficiary in my former husbands

My son was properly named as a beneficiary in my former husband's will. He was not notified and the probate case is now closed. What is his recourse?

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

He would file to reopen the probate based on a lack of notice.

JD 1992 :

He would want to hire a lawyer to help because he needs to set thing sup for appeal in case the court denies the motion (which isn't likely).

Thank you very much for the Positive Rating. Please come back and visit us if you have any new questions and feel free to ask for me by placing “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line or as the first words of your question and I will pick up as soon as I see it.