Nate, Attorney
Experience:  Over 10 years of legal estate experience.

I am the executor of my uncles estate. There is only a checking and savings account worth

I am the executor of my uncles estate. There is only a checking and savings account worth 80k. I am listed on both accounts. The will list several distribution of monies. Here are my questions: Does or should the will be probated? Is there any other advice you can provide?
My name isXXXXX have been a licensed attorney for over ten years and will be assisting you today.

If you were jointly on the account with him (for example, the account read "Your Name or Uncle's Name", then his interest disappeared upon his death. The accounts now legally belong to you and do not pass through the estate, so the will cannot dictate what happens to the money. If there are no other assets, then there is little point in bothering with probating the will.

If you have more questions please feel free to ask. I'll be happy to answer them. If you do not, please do remember to rate my service in assistance to you today.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your response. Should someone want to question how the the distribution of the monies what recourse do I have? Nate I am trying to cover my ass here. As you may well know people get crazy when it comes to money.

That is a very legitimate concern to have. If you feel the family might revolt and cause you problems you may do better by probating the will, making it all public, and showing what is (and what is not) there. That way you avoid accusations of wrongdoing and additional potential legal problems down the road.