Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in the practice of estate law.
17897874

In Tennessee can a mother cut an adopted daughter out of a

In Tennessee can a mother cut an adopted daughter out of a will after the father who took part in making the will has died?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

No, no one can alter the will of another person. The status of the child as adopted or biological is irrelevant.

However, the mother is under no obligation to provide for her child, adopted or biological, in HER will.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information.  I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you.  I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

JudgeLaw