P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including estate law.

when my sister passed away 13 yrs ago my parents removed her

when my sister passed away 13 yrs ago my parents removed her from their will. They have both passed and of the 2 heirs only one is left. Now a daughter of my sister feels entitlement to proceeds of the grandparents will. What is the best response to this?
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

The answer is simple. Under the law, if a person has a will, the contents of the will determine how their assets are distributed after they die.

In this case, when your sister died, and your parents removed her from their will, that cut off her grandchildren from any possible inheritance.

If there were no will? Then the grandchildren may have a claim.

But since there was a will? And since their mom was left out of the will? The grandchildren have no claim.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My brother just passed 3 wks ago and his spouse inherits his portion of the said will now. I do not have any issues with this. My niece is asking questions wanting my brothers portion even though her Mother had been removed. Does the above answer still stand?

Yes Ma'am

If there was a will that named the brother and he passed prior to the person who died with the will, then his estate will inherit.

But since your sister was NOT in the will, her heirs take nothing