Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  30+ yrs. handling probate estate, wills, trust, inheritance & real estate related matters
18215332

Background: I am the beneficiary of fees that are generated

Background:
I am the beneficiary of fees that are generated by a deed restriction on real estate. The deed restriction was filed in the public records more than a year ago. I just sold my rights to that future income.

Question
Is the sale considered a long term capital gain?

Hello. On what date did you acquire the rights that generate the income, and on what date did you sell them? If there are 365 days in between the acquisition and selling dates, then the profit looks like a long term capital gain.

I hope that this information is helpful. If not, and you need further information, please do not rate this Answer and just send me a Reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be compensated for assisting you. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.