How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 36085
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
Type Your Estate Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to transfer deed to my name. My mother left the Maine

This answer was rated:

I need to transfer deed to my name. My mother left the Maine property in a revocable trust to my brother and if deceased it would then go to me. My mother died in 2004 and brother died in 2012 .I am the trustee of the trust. Property is asssed for 37,500.00.

Thanks for your question and good morning.

You would complete a warranty deed from you as trustee of the _____trust,grantor to you as grantee individually.You would do this to complete the terms of the trust transferring it to yourself.You would file this in the county real property records where the property is located here in New Hampshire.This would transfer legal title to the property from the trust to you individually.

You can do this yourself or have a local title complete it for you and file it.Once done this gives you legal title and the taxes would then be transferred into your name.

Here are forms you can use to do this if you want to do it yourself.ou can preview them from free by clicking on the free preview on the site.

I appreciate the chance to assist you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.



I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.




This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.

Here is the law for reference--the deed form above complies with the statute.

2006 New Hampshire Statutes - Section 477:27 Statutory Form of Warranty Deed.A deed in substance following the form appended to this section shall, when duly executed and delivered, have the force and effect of a deed in fee simple to the grantee, heirs, successors and assigns, to their own use, with covenant on the part of the grantor, for himself or herself, heirs, executors and administrators, that, at the time of the delivery of such deed, the grantor was lawfully seized in fee simple of the granted premises, that the said premises were free from all incumbrances, except as stated, that the grantor had good right to sell and convey the same to the grantee, heirs, successors and assigns, and that the grantor will, and the heirs, executors, and administrators shall, warrant and defend the same to the grantee and heirs, successors and assigns, against the lawful claims and demands of all persons.

(Form for warranty deed)

__________, of __________ County, State of __________, for consideration paid, grant to __________, (complete mailing address) __________, of __________ Street, Town (City) of __________, __________ County, State of __________, with warranty covenants, the __________ (Description of land or interest being conveyed: incumbrances, exceptions, reservations, if any) __________, (wife) (husband) of said grantor, release to said grantee all rights of homestead and other interests therein.

(Here add acknowledgment)

Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks for letting me help you today.



If you want a local title company to prepare the deed it would run around $150 you can locate one here.


Thanks again.

RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 36085
Experience: Texas lawyer for 30 years in Estate law
RayAnswers and other Estate Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Did you receive my follow up?

No can you reply here and post it again.Be happy to follow up here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My follow up question is, my deceased brother is also on the deed as 1/3 owner is this a problem. He left no will.

So clarify for me.The trust owned 2/3 here and the brother owned a 1/3 interest.Whose name is XXXXX XXXXX title here exactly so I may follow up.It is not clear here.Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is correct. My deceased brother and trust are both on deed.

Ok so brother's estate would have to be probated.His estate consists of his 1/3 interest and any other assets he owned at time of death.You would make application seeking to be appointed personal representative here.The assets pass under terms of his wlll or if no will then under laws of intestacy to his legal heir(s).

As part of probate here as the personal representative you would deed it from yourself as personal representative to yourself as heir if you are sole legal heir.

Here are forms to file for full probate you can do it yourself or consider a local lawyer to assist.Unfortunately since real estate is involved the smal estate process for New Hampshire cannot be used.

Here are the forms here--007 or 008 depending on whether there was a will here.

This would be the means to deal with the 1/3 interest.

The trust as I stated above could convey the 2/3 to you under the terms of the will.
This is going to be much more complicated because he held title to the interest rather than it being within the trust.It will require probate for the brother and any creditors here that he had could file claims and seek to force a sale if this is the only asset.

Thanks for your patience here.

You may want to make use of a lawyer since there is going to be probate filed and a couple of deeds as well to get you title.

Lawyer referral through the state bar.



Here is the law of intestacy for reference.

Thanks for letting me help you today.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This property is in Maine and he was a resident of Maine would I file for probate in Maine?

Yes you would and here is lawyer referral for Maine.Sorry for the confusion, thanks for your patience.


Maine probate forms.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • My husband has been driving me insane with questions regarding estate issues since his mother died. I'm not a lawyer! Thanks to JustAnswer, I was able to calm his concerns. Loretta T Illinois
< Previous | Next >
  • My husband has been driving me insane with questions regarding estate issues since his mother died. I'm not a lawyer! Thanks to JustAnswer, I was able to calm his concerns. Loretta T Illinois
  • Thanks Adam!! - A very direct and understandable response - you have been a great help! Happy Customer Ellicott City, MD
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas McJD

    Thomas McJD


    Satisfied Customers:

    Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas McJD's Avatar

    Thomas McJD


    Satisfied Customers:

    Wills, Trusts, Probate & other Estate Matters
  • Infolawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
  • Barrister's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    15 yrs estate law, real estate. Wills/Trusts/Probate
  • RayAnswers's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Texas lawyer for 29 years in Estate law
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Fully licensed attorney in Texas in private practice.
  • RobertJDFL's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
  • Dimitry Esquire's Avatar

    Dimitry Esquire


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor. I run my own practice that specializes in Estate Preparation and Administration