Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.

Hello, What is stronger, a Will or a Trust?

What is stronger, a Will or a Trust?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. Both would be considered equally enforceable. The living trust simply allows a person to avoid the probate process. By forming the living trust during life and transferring assets that would otherwise be required to be probated to the trust, a person avoids the need for their estate to go through the cost, expense and time of probate. Although equally enforceable, it would likely be harder to contest the trust because the trust is usually put in place well in advance of death and so someone wanting to contest is going to have a much higher burden of showing any of the following elements necessary to sustain a valid contest....lack of requisite mental capacity, duress, fraud, coercion and/or undue influence.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is:
Thank you also for the bonus! I appreciate your kindness!