Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.

I am considering changing from my Sub S to an LLC, could you

I am considering changing from my Sub S to an LLC, could you comment on the transition, my reason... liability

Craig...from yesterday
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon Craig. Florida allows a statutory conversion. The process is simple pursuant to Section(NNN) NNN-NNNNof the Florida statutes. You can find the specific instructions and form to file at the following Florida Department of State Division of Corporations website: You will then need to prepare an Operating Agreement for your LLC. Because an S Corp doesn't pay taxes but only files a tax return that flows through to its owner, which is identical to the LLC tax process, the tax consequences are not complicated, but you will want to contact your accountant to prepare the proper filings.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, I will check this out....

You're very's again my pleasure!
Thank you again for the positive rating and generous bonus! I truly appreciate that! Have a great day!