Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.

unmarried male with no children dies without a will..who is

unmarried male with no children dies without a will..who is next in line for property.. sisters or his mother?
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. When someone dies without a will, the intestate succession rules of the state govern the distribution of the estate. Under Kentucky Code Section, except as otherwise provided in this chapter, the estate would be distributed in the following priority:

(2) To his father and mother, if both are living, one (1) moiety each; but if the father is dead, the mother, if living, shall take the whole estate; if the mother is dead, the whole estate shall pass to the father; if there is no father or mother, then

(3) To his brothers and sisters and their descendants; if there are none, then....

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: