Richard, Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience practicing law, including tax and estate planning.
17027240

How do I get my deceased husband name of a commercial property

How do I get my deceased husband name of a commercial property deed? I want to sell the property. The property is in Seattle, Washington. Thank you.
Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good afternoon. Did your husband have a will? If so, were you named the executor of his estate in that will? Did his will provide for you to be the beneficiary of the property? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes he did have a will. Everything was willed to me.

Thank you so much for following up. In that case, you would sign a quit claim deed transferring title to title to you. You would sign the deed on behalf of your husband's estate as the executor. The deed would need to be witnessed and notarized and then recorded in the real property records of the city/county in which the property is located. If you need a form for the quit claim deed, let me know and I'll be happy to provide one for you.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which will be helpful to you. If I have not fully addressed your questions or if you have any follow up questions, or if I have misinterpreted your questions in any way, please do not rate me yet, but simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars so I can receive credit for helping you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for you clear answer. Just to clarify, as executor, I would just be transferring my husband's interest in the property to me, right? Looks pretty straightforward. Thanks again.

You're welcome...it's my pleasure. That's exactly right. It is pretty straight-forward.
Thank you so much for the positive rating! I appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you! If I can be of assistance to you in the future, just look me up and I will be happy to help! For easy access, my bookmark is: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/